Career | Business Development Manager
If you are reading this, we firstly want to say it’s a pleasure to meet you and we are very thankful for your interest in this role. We are extremely passionate about rare diseases and the ability to make the world a better place for patients and families.
We have a number of programmes currently being progressed in the rare and chronic diseases space, particularly in making a real-world impact for patients. We would love to have you join us as part of a small team of hard-working, talented, committed, and highly skilled individuals. Fortunately for us, we have years of experience in data and healthcare, as well as a great understanding of some of the core diseases we are focused on.
What we need from you is help with additional capacity, energy and drive to support us in improving the quality of life for our patient community.
Our vision for health, care and research is simple.
Sanius Health is an AI-powered patient-generated data platform with a focus on accelerating personalised medicine, drug discovery and clinical research for cancer treatment, haematological malignancies, haematological disorders and rare diseases. We are the largest Sickle Cell Disease Integrated patient ecosystem, and are expanding this to include other conditions.
We partner with passionate patients, treatment centres, researchers, developers of therapeutics and regulators in advancing outcomes for patients through our health data platform.
We trust each other to get the job done, so you’ll have a lot of autonomy here while also being part of a supportive close-knit team! We’re a diverse team with a huge variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences, so you can be sure you’ll feel welcome from day one.
Above all, we care about changing the world we inherited for those who will come after us. Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual commitment. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our partners drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients. Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
The role will be ideal for candidates with business development experience in the digital and/or healthcare space. We are currently looking for the right person to work on a wide range of projects day-to-day, delivering growth strategies, campaign management and support to the senior team. This role will allow you to learn at a very fast pace, and you will be exposed to all aspects of our business.
The Business Development Manager role sits within our Life Sciences and Healthcare segment within a Digital (Inside) Sales team. The role is primarily focused on new business development across a global territory. This role will involve moving forward deals and securing contracts for some of our key products and partnership opportunities to Industry prospects.
The ideal Business Development Manager will be highly driven to succeed in building business opportunities and networks. We are looking for someone who is goal-orientated and motivated to develop new business for the company. The perfect candidate will be ambitious, excited by the prospect of working with super smart teammates that have helped to scale multiple businesses across healthcare. As well as being a self-starter, we’re looking for someone who is looking to build strong, respectful working relationships with our partners and internal team.
- Working with teammates to achieve operational excellence
- Generating ideas, coordination and closing deals for strategic programmes to scale our business
- Managing the sales lifecycle for our strategic programmes with both life sciences and healthcare prospects, including taking calls, communicating with prospects, email follow ups and moving forward each step in the sales process.
- Creating and executing campaigns for lead generation initiatives across the business
- Building strong, professional working relationships with Sanius Health’s key partners
- Coordinate business development campaigns, inform all key stakeholder the status and further follow-up actions
- Preparing internal and external presentations and ensuring strong prospecting engagement
- Project Management assistance across multiple programmes and geographies
We have had years of experience in hiring senior, middle grade, and junior health and human sciences talent and have found a few things to be important.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Ambitious self-starter with high energy and motivation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent ability to manage multi-stage process pipeline
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Prior experience working in a digital and/or healthcare environment.
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience in a consultative selling environment, start-up, social enterprise, or highly- regarded company
- Proven track record of business development capability, and development of accounts through proactive prospecting
- Adept at cultivating strong customer workflow and networks with life sciences/healthcare stakeholders
- Consistent achievement of commercial targets
- Entrepreneurial, get things done attitude
- Thrives n fast-paced environments
- Highly detail-orientated, while working with integrity and openness
- Highly adaptable, personable and excited to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Hybrid Working: Remote but able to commute to our oﬃces in Canary Wharf, London when needed
To apply by email to this position, please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org